Initiates a dragging operation from the receiver, allowing the user to drag one or more promised files (or directories) into any application that has window or view objects that accept promised file data.
Original signature is '- (BOOL)dragPromisedFilesOfTypes:(NSArray *)typeArray fromRect:(NSRect)aRect source:(id)sourceObject slideBack:(BOOL)slideBack event:(NSEvent *)theEvent'
Available in Mac OS X v10.2 and later.
|C#||Visual Basic||Visual C++|
- typeArray (NSArray)
- An array of file types being promised. The array elements can consist of file extensions and HFS types encoded with the NSFileTypeForHFSTypeCode function. If promising a directory of files, only include the top directory in the array.
- aRect (NSRect)
- A rectangle that describes the position of the icon in the receiver’s coordinate system.
- sourceObject (Id)
- An object that serves as the controller of the dragging operation. It must conform to the NSDraggingSource informal protocol, and is typically the receiver itself or its NSWindow object.
- slideBack (Boolean)
- A Boolean that indicates whether the icon being dragged should slide back to its position in the receiver if the file isn’t accepted. The icon slides back to aRect if slideBack is YES, the promised files are not accepted by the dragging destination, and the user has not disabled icon animation; otherwise it simply disappears.
- theEvent (NSEvent)
- The mouse-down event object from which to initiate the drag operation. In particular, its mouse location is used for the offset of the icon being dragged.
- Available in Monobjc Bridge: 10.6 (For Mac OS X 10.6 and later), 10.5 (For Mac OS X 10.5 and later)