Sent when a text view needs to determine if text in an array of specified ranges should be changed.
Original signature is '- (BOOL)textView:(NSTextView *)textView shouldChangeTextInRanges:(NSArray *)affectedRanges replacementStrings:(NSArray *)replacementStrings'
Available in Mac OS X v10.4 and later.
|C#||Visual Basic||Visual C++|
bool TextViewShouldChangeTextInRangesReplacementStrings( NSTextView textView, NSArray affectedRanges, NSArray replacementStrings )
Function TextViewShouldChangeTextInRangesReplacementStrings ( _ textView As NSTextView, _ affectedRanges As NSArray, _ replacementStrings As NSArray _ ) As Boolean
- textView (NSTextView)
- The text view sending the message. This is the first text view in a series shared by a layout manager, not necessarily the text view displaying the selected text.
- affectedRanges (NSArray)
- The array of ranges of characters to be replaced. This array must be a non-nil, non-empty array of objects responding to the NSValue rangeValue method, and in addition its elements must be sorted, non-overlapping, non-contiguous, and (except for the case of a single range) have non-zero-length.
- replacementStrings (NSArray)
- The array of strings that will replace the characters in affectedRanges, one string for each range; nil if only text attributes are being changed.
- Available in Monobjc Bridge: 10.6 (For Mac OS X 10.6 and later), 10.5 (For Mac OS X 10.5 and later)